What we do
The key role of COTUL Comprises engaging in joint information provision activities particularly in acquisition of electronic information resources, supporting research works and providing capacity building to its members in order to enhance teaching, learning and research works in Tanzania. The core issues of focus is to:
- provide access to high-quality scholarly electronic information resources to a wider academic community of higher learning and research institutions at substantially lower rates of subscription and at the most favorable terms and conditions.
- promote rapid and efficient access to scholarly content to members while promoting the use of ICT in teaching and learning to her members.
- promote interaction and inter-library cooperation amongst the participating universities.
- evaluate the usage of the subscribed resources and to identify new resources that are required to be subscribed under the programme.
- bring qualitative change in teaching, learning, and research with an aim to meet the ever-growing challenges of globalization of higher education.
- increase research productivity of member institutions both in terms of quality and quantity of research outputs.
- Provide capacity building training to librarians, research scholars, and faculty from COTUL members for effective usage of electronic resources.
- encourage knowledge sharing through peer-to-peer learning, best practice case studies, our annual conference and cooperation between library consortia